CRYSTAL LAKE MIDDLE SCHOOL
Latest News & Announcements
Check on the latest CLMS updates
Crystal Lake Middle School will have a drive-thru orientation for 6th graders only on August 20, 2020. The time is from 9:00am-4:00pm. During this time, 6th grade students will receive their schedules and other general information. Uniforms will also be on sale. The price is $12.00/shirt; $17.00 for 2x and larger, cash only.
7th and 8th grade schedules will be released and available for viewing through student portal. If you have any questions, please contact the school. Thanks!
Device pick-up will be held on August 13th, 2020 from 9:00am-3:00pm. There is a drive-thru option. Students will need to be present to log-in and make sure they can access all platforms. Feel free to contact the school if you have any questions.
Welcome back to Crystal Lake Middle School! We are about to take on a hectic year. However, by working together, we will make it. Your student will be working through our e-learning school. The expectation is that the student is on the computer communicating with the teachers from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Attendance will be taken every period. Your student will follow a schedule just as if they were on campus. If your child is not logged into the class, he/she will be marked absent. Students are expected to complete all assignments that are assigned virtually. Your child’s teachers will be contacting your child beginning the week of August 17th. Your child will be responsible for checking his/her school email.
Parents/Guardians are expected to coach their students throughout the day. Parents should be making sure that their student is completing the assignments, interacting with their teacher daily during their assigned period, and fulfilling all requirements.
Crystal Lake Middle’s e-learning is a 9-week commitment. If at the end of the 9 weeks you would like your child to return to the physical school, you will need to contact the Guidance Department at that time. If you want, your child to continue in e-learning, you will not need to notify us.
Thank you for being at Crystal Lake Middle and we are looking forward to this year being a great year!
Helpful Tips for Distance Learning
- Students must login with their username. Make sure you are putting firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to use this format anytime you are asked for login information.
- Your password is not necessary for all situations. For instance, logging into Microsoft Teams, only the username is required. Once this is entered, it will automatically direct them to the site.
- Google Chrome is the preferred browser for all of these applications. Other browsers may work, but chrome supports all of the websites teacher are using.
- The school website is https://clms.polkschoolsfl.com/. If you do a google search for Polk CLMS, the website will show up there.
- We are aware that only certain links on the website work. This is to help make navigating the site easier.
- The Facebook page is CLMS Connection and the link is www.facebook.com/polkclms.
- If you have a supplemental instruction block that prohibits your child from accessing online courses, please email one of our administrators to give us permission to remove the block.
- If you are having Wi-Fi issues, double check that the Wi-Fi password is correct. If you continue to have issues, contact your internet service provider.
- If you have any other questions or concerns for CLMS, please email or call 863-499-2970.
- For technology support you may contact the PCPS Helpdesk at 863-614-1600 8:30am-7pm Monday-Friday (excluding Holidays)