CRYSTAL LAKE MIDDLE SCHOOL
Latest News & Announcements
Check on the latest CLMS updates
Students must wear khaki, black or navy blue shorts, pants, or skirts.
NO jeans, leggings or sweatpants.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does my child have to wear a uniform?
All students must wear a uniform starting on the 1st day of school. 6th graders wear NAVY BLUE colored collared shirts, 7th graders wear GOLD and 8th graders wear BLACK. All students must wear khaki, black or dark blue pants, skorts, shorts or skirts. The pants, shorts and skirts must be of a twill material. Joggers are permitted as long as they are not sweat pant material. No jeans, leggings or jeggings are allowed. Uniform shirts will be sold throughout the school year at school.
- What time does school start? When can my child be on campus?
School hours are 9:00 – 4:00. Students may not be on campus before 8:30 and they must be off campus by 4:15 except students participating in school sponsored extracurricular activities. Once students are off campus, they may not return.
- How many classes will my child take?
Students will take 7 classes a day. Classes are 50 minutes long. Students must have a Math, Science, Social Studies and Language Arts class. Students have the option of up to 3 electives. However, based on their FSA score, students may have to have Intensive Reading or Intensive Math.
- How is my child promoted to the next grade level?
In middle school students accumulate credits. Students must pass their 4 core classes (Math, Science, Social Studies and Language Arts) to be promoted every year. Students will earn at least 4 credits every year. In order to be promoted to high school, students must receive 12 credits.
- If I want to have a parent teacher conference, how do I set this up?
Parents may call the Guidance Office to set up a conference. Conferences are always held with all of your child’s teachers not just one teacher. We will be able to hold them virtually if parents prefer that option.
- If my child has PE, do I have to buy a uniform?
No you do not have to purchase a PE uniform. Students may rent a locker in PE for $1 to lock up their belongings during PE class only.
- Where do I drop off and pick up my child?
Car rider drop off in the morning is in the front of school. Car rider pick up is in the back of school in the afternoon. During afternoon car rider pick up, please remain in line until it is your turn. It becomes a safety issue when students are picked up on the sidewalks.
- How do I keep up with my students grades?
Parents may log onto Parent Portal at any time to check on grades. You will use the same log on and password as you did the previous year even if your child was in elementary school last year.
- How do I contact my child’s teacher?
If you log onto our website, https://clms.polkschoolsfl.com/, you will find all of the teachers email addresses. This is a quick and easy way to communicate with teachers. This will also be all of our up to date information.
Helpful Tips for Distance Learning
- Students must login with their username. Make sure you are putting email@example.com. You will need to use this format anytime you are asked for login information.
- Your password is not necessary for all situations. For instance, logging into Microsoft Teams, only the username is required. Once this is entered, it will automatically direct them to the site.
- Google Chrome is the preferred browser for all of these applications. Other browsers may work, but chrome supports all of the websites teacher are using.
- The school website is https://clms.polkschoolsfl.com/. If you do a google search for Polk CLMS, the website will show up there.
- We are aware that only certain links on the website work. This is to help make navigating the site easier.
- The Facebook page is CLMS Connection and the link is www.facebook.com/polkclms.
- If you have a supplemental instruction block that prohibits your child from accessing online courses, please email one of our administrators to give us permission to remove the block.
- If you are having Wi-Fi issues, double check that the Wi-Fi password is correct. If you continue to have issues, contact your internet service provider.
- If you have any other questions or concerns for CLMS, please email or call 863-499-2970.
- For technology support you may contact the PCPS Helpdesk at 863-614-1600 8:30am-7pm Monday-Friday (excluding Holidays)